On Monday, June 12 at 9 a.m., the City of Mauldin, the Parker Group and Longbranch Development held a groundbreaking for the long-anticipated Maverick Yards project that will kick off City Center Village. Find out more about Maverick Yards below:
On Thursday, April 6, the City of Mauldin completed the sale of 6.5 acres of City-owned property to the Parker Group and Longbranch Development for $1.15 million, marking the official start of the Maverick Yards project.
Maverick Yards will be a mixed-use development comprised of townhomes and an entertainment and dining complex with eventual access to the Swamp Rabbit Trail.
As the focal point of the project, the Parker Group will redevelop a 20,000 square-foot industrial warehouse into “The Pickle Yard,” which will feature pickleball courts as its primary attraction. The redevelopment will also include three or four food concepts, outdoor seating, a stage for live performances, fire pits and a beer garden.
Adjacent to that complex, Longbranch Development will redevelop 2.4 acres of property into more than 40 townhomes that will be available for rent. That property is the former site of the City’s Public Works facility and a light industrial building.
Both projects are slated to open in late 2024.
Located at the corner of Jenkins Street and Jenkins Court, Maverick Yards will complement the recently completed Maverick Station redevelopment by the Parker Group
City Center Village is an effort by the City of Mauldin and local property owners to create a walkable and livable downtown. The City Center Master Plan was created in 2012.
In The News:
- Mauldin’s Maverick Yards project will be the catalyst for a future city center | Read More
- Mauldin, South Carolina announces it’s ‘one step closer to creating a true downtown’ | Read More
- Mauldin makes $1.15M land deal to move city center dream ahead | Read More
- Downtown Mauldin: Maverick Yards, ‘The Pickle Yard,’ new townhomes to be completed in 2024 | Read More
- City of Mauldin sells 6.5 acres to Parker Group, Longbranch Development for $1.15M | Read More
- Upstate city ‘one step closer to having a true downtown’ | Read More
- Property sale sets stage for City Center Village in downtown Mauldin | Read More
- Meet Mauldin’s new downtown: Maverick Yards | Read More