The Quick Details:
- Greenville developer Phil Hughes is planning an urban village called BridgeWay Station spanning 40 acres along I-385 in Mauldin, just south of Butler Road.
- The village will feature residential spaces, offices, shopping, dining, lodging and entertainment.
- Restaurants will include Poogan’s Southern Kitchen, Belladina’s Italian Market, and Cohesive Coffee.
- This will be the first phase of a larger development.
- Estimated village cost: $100 million
- Estimated construction time: 18 months
About BridgeWay Station:
A conceptual site plan shows nine mixed-use complexes along both sides of a main street with retail space on the ground level and apartments or office space on upper floors. It also shows locations for two hotels and a movie theater.
The intention is that this mixed-use development will connect to the Swamp Rabbit Trail via a pedestrian bridge over the interstate. Also shown are landscaping, traffic circles, and a public park with an amphitheater at the proposed connection to the Swamp Rabbit Trail.
Hughes described the proposed village as an Internet-connected, environmentally friendly place where people could live, work, and play without having to drive anywhere in a car.
“We will have music, events, festivals. It will be more than just a group of buildings,” state Hughes. “It will be the kind of place everyone wants to go.”
“Dream with me for just a minute. Think about getting on a bicycle from an apartment at BridgeWay Station, hopping on the trail over to East Butler and riding down to Mauldin’s City Center Village; play a game of pickleball or enjoy one of the great dining groups in the new food court.
“Think about enjoying a sporting event at Mauldin High School and after the game taking a stroll from the parking lot across the new bridge to BridgeWay; take in a late-night coffee or dessert.
“And then, how about participating in the new BridgeWay 5K from City Center Village to BridgeWay Station. It’s all part of the dynamic new Mauldin landscape.
“This new bridge and trail connection will be recognizable as a Mauldin icon for years to come.”
— Mayor Terry Merritt
What People Are Saying:
“Ultimately, the Holland Road location allows us to unify our current operations, gives us ample room for growth, and places us at the center of an exciting mixed-use development with easy access to planned retail, entertainment, and recreation venues.” – Darrell Jackson, Jackson Marketing, Motorsports & Events president and CEO
“We chose this location because the Mauldin area will be a great spot to plant our roots alongside the longtime residents as we grow our health and wellness vision within this thriving community.” – Kele Davenport, Palmetto Physical Medicine spokeswoman
“We are so excited — our vision for a shop in the Mauldin area is finally coming to fruition. We are so excited to be a part of the BridgeWay community.” – Josh Williams, Founder of Cohesive Coffee
In the News:
- Jackson Marketing, Motorsports & Events to be first BridgeWay Station tenant | Read More
- Palmetto Physical Medicine to open near BridgeWay Station | Read More
- Trail connection would be feature of massive Mauldin development | Read More
- Harper General Contractors posts video of BridgeWay Station Office construction | Read More
- $150 million urban village, BridgeWay Station, breaks ground in Mauldin | Read More
- BridgeWay Station Breaks Ground in Mauldin | Read More
- Groundbreaking ceremony held for BridgeWay Station development in Mauldin | Read More
- BridgeWay Station to bring hundreds of apartments, businesses, parks, and pedestrian bridge over I-385 to Mauldin | Read More
- Mauldin BridgeWay Station plans unveiled: Development features ‘older village’ look | Read More
- Phil Hughes seeks to ‘create a village’ at BridgeWay Station | Read More
- Dodge® Bearings and Power Transmission Announces Relocation of Headquarters to BridgeWay Station in Mauldin | Read More
- Cohesive Coffee coming to BridgeWay Station in Mauldin | Read More
- Cohesive Coffee announces 2nd location in BridgeWay Center, claims first retail spot | Read More
- Belladina’s Italian Market to join BridgeWay Station | Read More
- ANNOUNCED: Belladina’s Italian Market at BridgeWay Station | Read More
- Charleston-born Poogan’s Southern Kitchen expands to Mauldin’s BridgeWay Station | Read More
- Poogan’s Southern Kitchen is bringing fresh Southern cuisine to BridgeWay Station in early 2023 | Read More
- What’s new with BridgeWay Station? | Read More
- Poogan’s Southern Kitchen coming to BridgeWay Station in Mauldin | Read More
- Joe Erwin reveals full plans for $39M county-owned Greenville Triumph stadium in Mauldin | Read More
- The Junkyard training studio announces fourth location at BridgeWay Station | Read More
- $23M movie and entertainment center coming to Mauldin | Read More
- VR arcade, dine-in theater slated for BridgeWay Station | Read More
- Family entertainment center to open new location in Upstate development | Read More
- Dine-in movies, arcade coming to Mauldin’s BridgeWay Station | Read More
- New entertainment center coming to BridgeWay Station in Mauldin | Read More
- Entertainment center planned for Mauldin’s BridgeWay Station development | Read More
- BridgeWay Station to get dine-in cinema, family entertainment center | Read More
- Cinergy Entertainment Announces Expansion to Mauldin, SC | Read More