Greenville Water has a new project to replace the aging water mains which currently provide water service to your community. The scope of the project will include the installation of approximately 900 linear feet of new 6-inch water mains along Ida Drive.
- Construction is scheduled to begin immediately.
- Construction activities will generally take place between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Weekend work is not planned at this time, but may be necessary to expedite the project.
- Upon completion of the water main installation, restoration of street surfaces, landscaping and grassed areas will be completed by Greenville Water crews or our contractor.
- During all working hours, affected roads will have at least one 12-ft wide lane of traffic maintained at all times.
- Access to all properties will be maintained, but may be difficult at times.
- Temporary disruption of other utility services (e.g. telephone, cable TV, gas, etc.) is possible, but will be corrected immediately should they occur.
- Expect delays in and around the construction area. Plan travel time accordingly to avoid stress and frustration.
- Noise, dirt and vibrations are normal with this type of construction.
- Children are often curious about construction work. Please keep them away from machinery, trenches and pits at all times to avoid accidents.
- Follow the speed limit. Speed limits in construction zones are frequently lower than normal.
- If you see a potentially unsafe situation or equipment, that needs our attention, please contact your Greenville Water Engineering Department immediately.
If you have any questions about this project or about property restoration, please contact:
Greenville Water Communications Manager
(864) 241-6027 or (864) 420-3110
Be sure to visit our website at www.greenvillewater.com/projects for updates on this project!
Project map for Ida Drive.