The Quick Details:
- A new Courtyard by Marriott hotel will be developed on 2.2 acres of land in Millport Circle just off I-385 and Butler Road.
- Status: In construction, opening 2019
- Estimated cost: $18 million
- New jobs created: 35
About Courtyard by Marriott:
The City of Mauldin and Shaw Resources announce another project in the Millport at Butler Development. A new Courtyard by Marriott hotel will be developed on 2.2 acres of land in Millport Circle, just off I-385 at Butler Road. The franchise was recently awarded to Millport Hospitality, LLC.
“The company hopes to break ground in early 2018 and open in 2019. When completed, the new Courtyard by Marriott hotel will feature the latest Courtyard 6.0 with 108 guest rooms,” stated Todd Whittington of Millport Hospitality, LLC and owner of the hotel.
The Courtyard CYnergy design is inspired by the modern definition of success. The newly designed Bistro is the epicenter of the lobby and fosters social connections and collaboration. Inviting spaces help guests shift gears to reenergize and be their most creative and successful selves.
“The City of Mauldin welcomes the addition of Courtyard by Marriott to Millport. It is rewarding to see the culmination of work and effort by Shaw Resources and the city as we continue expanding the economic base of Mauldin. The new jobs and impact of a Marriott product shows that Mauldin is open for business,” said Mayor Dennis Raines.
Features and services of the new Marriott include:
- Spacious hotel rooms where guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi, plush bedding, and an entertainment package, which includes HD channels, an interactive channel guide, and internet TV equipped with Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Crackle, and Pandora.
- A 24-hour business center, well-equipped fitness center and outdoor pool.
- The Bistro-Eat. Drink. Connect. ® – a food and beverage destination for refreshing breakfast choices in the morning, a variety of beer & wine options in the evening, and specialty beverages made with Starbucks® coffee to help guests get a jump start on the day.
- A state of the art lobby offering engaging technology and inviting, comfortable and flexible spaces where guests can relax, meet or work.
- Over 1,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
- All interior spaces are non-smoking.
- Mobility accessible rooms.
Courtyard, the 8th largest hotel brand in the world, leads the way in evolving to meet the needs of the modern business traveler.
In the News:
- Mauldin is getting a Courtyard by Marriott | Read More
What People Are Saying:
“The construction of BB&T, the location of our current office complex, and the addition of Courtyard by Marriott illustrate the strength and opportunity for development in the Mauldin and Greenville market area. We welcome the opportunity to serve your needs here at Millport.” – Jack Shaw, Shaw Resources
“This is the next generation of business development for the city as we work to supply support services to Millport and the surrounding corporate community. The opportunity we have to help save local companies money and time by having a hotel located closer to their headquarters is definitely something to be excited about. With these and other restaurant groups coming to Mauldin, Millport, the surrounding community will reap the benefits of jobs and increased wages for some time to come.” – Taft Matney, City Council Member and Chair of Mauldin’s Economic Committee