The City of Mauldin will host a Veterans Day ceremony on Saturday, November 11 at 11 a.m. at the Mauldin Veterans Memorial to honor and recognize those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. All are welcome to attend. The event program will include a welcome from City Administrator Seth Duncan, opening and closing prayers by Pastor Wade Leonard of Mauldin First Baptist, Posting of Colors by American Legion Post 271, a Quilts of Valor presentation, musical selections, and remarks by Mayor Terry Merritt, an Air Force veteran.
“I’m proud that the City of Mauldin hosts a Veterans Day ceremony every year, because we are a close-knit community, and I believe a community should celebrate its veterans,” said Mayor Merritt, this year’s keynote speaker. “I want to ensure that the significance of this day is fully understood by the public and passed down to future generations so that we continue to recognize the sacrifice of veterans and their families.”
The full program is as follows:
- Welcome | Mr. Seth Duncan, City Administrator
- Posting of Colors | American Legion Post 271
- Pledge of Allegiance | Officer Brian Mayfield, Mauldin Police Department
- Prayer | Pastor Wade Leonard, Mauldin First Baptist
- National Anthem | Ms. Kati Lippman
- Keynote Speaker | Mayor Terry Merritt
- Medley of Armed Forces | Ms. Kati Lippman
- Quilts of Valor Presentation | Mr. Ken Hinkle
- Remarks and Closing Prayer | Pastor Wade Leonard
- Playing of Taps | Mr. Scott McCrary
- Retire the Colors | American Legion Post 271
View the event program here: https://cityofmauldin.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Veterans-Day-Program-no-crops.pdf.
This year’s ceremony will be livestreamed on the City of Mauldin’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/cityofmauldinsc.
The Mauldin Veterans Memorial is located on East Butler Road between the Mauldin Cultural Center (101 E. Butler Road) and the Mauldin Sports Center (10 City Center Drive).