Loose leaf collection is a residential service for those living inside the Mauldin city limits that perform their own yard work. Beginning in November 2019, the City of Mauldin Public Works Department will collect loose leaves using a leaf truck. The equipment used is outfitted with large vacuums, which lift and deposit the leaves into dump boxes mounted on the trucks and are then hauled away when full. Please note the following as it relates to leaf collection:
- Loose leaves may be placed at the curb or edge of street to be vacuumed
- Catch basins, inlets, and gutters should be kept free of leaves and debris.
- Loose leaves should not be placed in trash containers. Trash receptacles containing loose leaves will not be emptied.
- Yard debris should not be co-mingled. Please place leaves in a pile separate from limbs.
- Please keep all curbside piles away from catch basins to prevent storm drain clogging.
- City crews do not provide service to commercial properties such as businesses, schools, churches or apartment complexes.
- Landscape contractors are responsible for proper disposal of all leaf piles they create.
For any questions or concerns regarding the City Leaf Collection Program, please contact the City Public Works Department at (864) 289-8904.