Pre-registration for auditions is REQUIRED. Visit the Mauldin Cultural Center’s website to learn how to sign up.
The Mauldin Youth Theatre will hold open auditions for it’s 2019 fall production, Disney’s Frozen, JR. on August 17, 2019. Please see below or visit the auditions page, for information on how to sign up and claim your spot. The Mauldin Youth Theatre holds open auditions for youth in the community who are interested. No prior experience is necessary to audition.
Please read the points below, as our process has changed.
- Auditions will take place in the auditorium. The holding room for auditioners will be Meeting Room I.
- Please be prepared to sing no more than 32 bars of music from the show or of a similar style.
- Please prepare a monologue from the show or of a similar style.
- Called back auditioners will be asked to read from the script in groups.
- Bring a headshot photo (just so we can put a name with a face – does not have to be professional) and resume of past experience (if applicable).
- AUDITIONING DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACTORS A ROLE. All auditioners will be notified if he/she has been offered a role in the production.
- Pre-registration for auditions is REQUIRED.
DISNEY’S FROZEN, JR. GENERAL INFO
DIRECTOR: Tim St. Clair, II
AUDITION DATE: Saturday, August 17, 2019 | TIMES VARY
CALL-BACK DATE: Saturday, August 24, 2019 @ 9 a.m.
Actors only need to attend this date if called back by the director.
SHOW DATES: Nov. 8-10, 15-17, 22-24, 2019 (twelve shows total)
REHEARSALS: Beginning date TBD
Rehearsals may be Mondays through Thursdays, 6-9 p.m. with occasional Saturdays (1-4 p.m.) and extended hours when necessary as production dates come closer. There will be times when the ensemble will not need to attend rehearsals. A tentative rehearsal schedule will be provided at the audition.
This production has 17 principle roles available and numerous ensemble roles (we typically cast 30-40 actors). Roles are for youth aged 18 and under. All auditioning actors must be able to read and comprehend the script without assistance.
Pre-registration is required. All auditioners should arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to his/her scheduled audition block to ensure a smooth schedule. All actors must be available for all production dates.
Ready to sign up?
- First, select your time slot here: Frozen Sign-up Genius
- Then return completed audition form and recent headshot to Cultural Center office (details below).
If you register for a time slot and need to cancel, please contact the Cultural Center office immediately so that we can open your slot to another actor.